Why will she not sleep????

My eight month old baby girl since birth has not slept a full nights sleep.My fiance get into yelling matches because he wants me to just let her cry herself to sleep and I want her to feel safe and secure when she falls asleep so I like to rock her,this is and every night thing.I make sure she has a clean diaper plenty of food and I make syre if she seems like she isn't felling well because of teeth she gets her tylenol.And she goes potty pretty regular so I know it's not constipation.I just need to know whats going on with my baby or some ideas because I need sleep.

Lianna08

Asked by Lianna08 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• first tell him to chill the baby comes first he is on the back burner now ....I would just take it one day at a time I know its hard my 9 month old gets up every 3 hours and has no teeth yet ( I know weird huh lol ) these are moments that you will never have with her again embrace them and enjoy as for him they say if you ignore something long enif it will go away ( not that I mean for him to move out ) but he will soon realize that their is no point in arguing good luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I think you need to try the crying thing. My fiance convinced me to do it, and after 2 nights, she was sleeping every night.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Try giving her cereal before bed time and a bath..My daughter gets cereal and a bath (washed in nightime bath wash) and rubbed with nightime lotion adn sleeps really good
    gracie43008

Answer by gracie43008 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• After 3 nights, she wont cry. There is nothing wrong with a baby crying (its kinda their thing lol)... Just make sure shes okay.

Routine! Change diaper, bottle, bath, rock, dark room (babies dont need light, and its distracting), binky (if applicable)...

Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I am kind of in the same situation. My baby is 9 months and does not sleep very well at all. I let her cry a little but not for more then 5 minutes, I cant stand for her to cry longer then that because she's on the monitor usually and it amplifies everything. I'm afraid if I turn the monitor down I will fall back asleep and not hear her in the morning. She always goes to sleep just fine but she wakes up at least once in the middle of the night and wakes up for good around 5-6am. I have tried adjusting her bedtime, keeping her up in the day more, cereal, nighttime wash, tylenol, music... if you figure something out let me know, even every other night sleep would be great
    jbreeding

Answer by jbreeding at 1:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2008