Have a Stalker?

Just curious how many people actually are stalked on here... never on any social network expirienced cyber stalking... if anything I see on most sites people that talk about the person they say is stalking, personally I would leave it to private chat (just me), where as in groups and so forth the person is than jumped by multiple people and keeping the whole drama aspect of it going? Can't figure out how to describe it... than again I don't get when a person can be blocked that there is even stalking... I guess I just "don't get it", especially if it is a stranger? Or are SO ex's stalking? who are these people that are stalking???

MommaClark3

Asked by MommaClark3 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Unless the stalker has advanced knowledge of how to hack into systems and view supposedly private information social networking sites make it fairly easy to keep your private stuff private. I agree with AmI88, if a person is on a website and claiming to be stalked by someone who has access to their page than they're enjoying the attention. My ex-husband's girlfriend loved going on my pages to try and find any little thing my ex could throw in my face - they're both blocked from all of my social networking sites; they can't see any of my stuff and I can't see theirs.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Don't know but they need to block them and move on. If they aren't blocked then they must like it. Don't know, sounds a little nutty.
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have never experienced a cyber stalker, because that is easy to fix by blocking them. I have however had a stalker in real life. My ex decided to stalk me and still does occasionally even tho it has been almost a year that I have had nothing to do with him except of course for the children and he doesn't even deserve that.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Isn't multiple people attacking the one a form or abuse/harrassment too... just curious... don't want any drama!!!
    MommaClark3

Comment by MommaClark3 (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• See, I can understand if an ex stalks a person, or if your SO ex, or maybe even like a co-worker or something... but what I have a hard time grasping is a stranger that in all likelyhood has never even seen you face to face... or is it that people pretend to get attention? Not accusing, or whatever... just understand it

I know I've seen people I don't like, but I block them and never say a word
    MommaClark3

Comment by MommaClark3 (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've experienced a stalker, just not on the internet. He still continues to do it to an extent, even after I moved away, and while I have my DD with me, no less. The list of things he does goes on and on. He tries to be buddies with my DF and the cops told me they can't get a restraining order against him since he's not family, we're not married, and we don't have children together.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have experienced a stalker, and it started on the internet and continued via phone. Luckily I haven't heard from him since the end of May so I'm hoping it stays that way.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• You don't have to follow someone around on the internet/be viewing their profile to be stalking. If you make a fake profile or page to make it look like someone else's then you're still stalking the person. Sam's profile could be private, the only thing viewable is their SN and picture. If joe comes along, makes a SN that's one letter off, steals the same picture/avitar, and then posts as if they are sam that's stalking. Sam can ignore it all they want and "move on" but it doesn't change the fact someone has tried impersonating them and is continuing to stalk them. If I made my SN on here MommaClark4, stole your avitar, and then followed you around from question to question I'd be stalking you, doesn't matter whether your profile is private or not.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011