whats goin on

i use to not get scared about anything till my hubby had me goin an a rollarcoaster that i thought i was goin to fall out of i had a panic attack and every since then i start to freak out about everything gettin a shot, goin up high, goin outside in the dark ect. everything scares me i have never been like this. what could be causing this any ideas

mommy033

Asked by mommy033 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Health

• anxiety maybe talk to a doc
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 12:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I've been there with panic attacks. They suck! I went to therapy for them and was told that the fear of an attack is what brings it on; you need to occupy your mind; I know it sounds crazy but my therapist told me to put a rubber band on my wrist and when I start to feel anxous to snap it and them my mind is on the pain and not on whatever was going to set me off. I went on Paxil for the attacks; I used to work in Manhattan and had to take a bus everyday and just the thought of the bus would set me off. The paxil was like magic; never had one again.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2008