baby needs to gain weight

i am 28 wks and they say my baby is not gaining any weight and they are worried about me going into early labor is there anything i can do or eat to help this boy gain some weight??? and what is the safe est week that this baby could come and have a good chance of surviving and not having to stay in incubator??

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 8:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There are babies that deliver at 20 weeks and survive. Ideally, you want to make it to at least 36 weeks. I would talk to your doctor and see what is the safest way for you to gain weight or what can help the baby. Did they say what might be causing the baby not to gain weight. Are there any underlying issues that might be causing this? If so, I would hope your doctor is looking into all the causes!!! Otherwise I would be seeking another opinion because you need to do what is best for the baby prior to birth.
    frugalistamom2

Answer by frugalistamom2 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am not sure honey wouldn't the Dr. give you this info.? maybe try eating more and adding some nutrient shakes to your diet? GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• they said my placenta is not doing the proper job as far as giving the baby the nutrients
    wiggsbabe

Comment by wiggsbabe (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Sometimes bedrest can help the baby gain weight because you are not using your energy elsewhere
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 11:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• In order NOT to have a heavy baby, I was told by my practicioner to stay away from all fruit juices (fruit was ok) and to stay away from yogurt (except for Greek and organic).

GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011