have you tried gelmix to thicken liquids?

rice cereal is giving my LO terrible constipation and I have read great things about gelmix. Just wondering if others have tried it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why are you thickening feeds? I'd ditch the cereal (unless medically necessary, I don't know your situation). I've heard good things about Simply Thick, but I believe it's for thickening breast milk only (don't quote me though, it could be for formula too) and I don't know what you're trying to thicken, and why.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I would just cut out the rice cereal and continue formula/breastmilk only. I don't think thickening anything will help with constipation. Fluids, fluids, fluids....
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Dump the rice.Not needed.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• we need to thicken both breast milk and formula so we use gelmix, it works great
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2011