Did anybody have their membranes stripped?

I'm 39 weeks and 2 days I went to my doctor today and he stripped me because my pressure is high and I have headaches, he doesn't want me to go over my due date because an induction could lead to a C- section. It hurt so bad and I feel a little uneasy about it. Is my first baby and I'm due Sunday the 30th.

Jen20111

Asked by Jen20111 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i never did i just stayed in labor for 3 days having contractions 1 to 2 min apart n my body wouldnt dialte so the dr kept sendin me home and i went bck and a nurse admitted me into the hospital thankgod and she checked me and pretty much stuck her fist n me and opened me up and i popped open to a 4 and then got an epidural tht didnt work my right leg went numb and tht was all lol and 20 min ater n 3 hard pushes later i had my daughter
    Ashley2810

Answer by Ashley2810 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I did I can still remember the uncomfortablness, both times I went into labor within 24 hours.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Thanks Ashley knowing that the epidural didn't work for you sucks....but it makes me feel better to know you did it without cause I don't want the shot.
    Jen20111

Comment by Jen20111 (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I opted against the stripping membranes due to the severe pain I saw my friend in when she got hers done. She didn't even have the baby for another week.
    I have had 4 epidurals and they all worked. So if you get there, decide you need one, don't feel bad!! I know what it feels like and I just didn't wanna go there! lol Good Luck.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had my membranes stripped with my first pregnancy at 39 weeks due to not progressing and didn't want to be induced, it was VERY uncomfortable and painful I thought. It didn't do much of anything for me, as i didn't end up progressing anymore until I got induced the next week....
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2011