Cryoablation

Has anyone had this done? I am going in for mine on friday and I'm alittle scared. How is the procedure? How long was recovery?

Jillysmom

Asked by Jillysmom at 8:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• I had a hydrothermal ablation. That and a D&C at the same time. I was under general for maybe half an hour, woke up feeling great. I had about half an hour of horrible cramping because my pain pills weren't ready at the pharmacy yet, but once I took those, I felt good. I really felt pretty much normal the next day, although I did take it easy just in case. Overall, it was much easier than I expected! Good luck.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had the "Novasure" procedure done, it uses radio waves. (I know that's not the same thing, but the end result is the same). I was a little crampy for a few days, but it really wasn't that bad. I haven't had a period in 6 months! Yippee! Good luck to you, I'm sure everything will be fine!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011