ideas to kick start labor?

38 weeks. and ready to pop. baby is good to go confirmed by ultrasound. now it is just a waiting game at this point. any suggestions on how to get the ball rolling?
tried walking but it caused too much round ligament pain. HELP!

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 8:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This might sound strange, and really gross, but I read about this and was told to try it. I never got to, but a friend of mine did, and coincidentally, it worked. Try making a box of Kraft macaroni-and-cheese (or whichever brand you like, but it has to be a kind with the powdered cheese) and mix in some bar-b-q sauce. I'm not sure why it's supposed to help, but for some reason it has for a few people I know. Good luck!
    RowansMommy9810

Answer by RowansMommy9810 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• that is def an approach i have never heard of before. but it sounds good!! lol....thank you for your suggestion. i may have to try it. even if to see how it tastes....lol
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• No. If there was a real way doctors would tell us

Answer by admckenzie at 8:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Well i tried everything such as sex eggplant walkin th like u said hurt to bad getting my ankles massaged lol but i did find tht i had sex with my fiance and 3 days later i had my daughter tt nite when we did i lot my mucus plug well a lil bit of it and after i lost it i started the lovely crampin like a bad period and it just got worse n worse lol
    Ashley2810

Answer by Ashley2810 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My son was born @ 38 weeks and was in a NICU for two weeks. Late term ultrasounds aren't as accurate, and cannot tell if babies lungs are ready. Only amnio. Your due date is give or take 2 weeks. Please, your sweet baby will be here in your arms soon enough. Hang in there, and don't risk your babies health trying a bunch of crazy stuff that will just leave you sore, stuck with the poops, and tired. Believe me, I know what round ligament pain is, with my fourth baby, I could barely walk. I was actually taken out of work for it. But I waited. I didn't want a repeat.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i had the same thing happen the other day. like 2 days ago i belive. we had sex and i lost my plug the next morning. but no action other wise.
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• The things that are safe and effective: sex and walking

If the baby were *truly* good-to-go/ready you'd be in labor now, though, right?

So it will be sometime soon-- might be tonight or this week or not for 4 more weeks until baby says Now.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• thanks but it wont be 4 more weeks. my dr is only allowing me to go 2 days past due before he induces me. and i dont want to be induced. i want my body to do its thing on its own. so if walking or having sex or eating an odd food kick starts it then it is ok.

plus i am realy tired. and irritable. i need to get back to myself. lol....
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My doctor decided to just go ahead an induce me, and it put my baby in the NICU. I wish I had spoken up. Not every baby is ready to come out at 38 weeks, they are at higher risk for jaundice beacause their liver needs more time, and breathing isn't always an issue, but can be. I know it isn't what you want to hear, but doulala has good points. I'm sorry, but this is part of being pregnant, pure and simple. It's about our baby's well being, not our own comfort.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i know thanks music mom. i jsut want to go natural with out my dr inducing me. and my time for that is running out. i am not meaning to seem craby. been a long day. sorry if i am coming off that way. :)
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011