Employment Question

Do any of you know of any legitimate companies that pay people to work from home? If so please respond and let me know.

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• none that i know of, unless you count the avon/mary kay reps that work strictly off the internet!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 8:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• yes, liveops, alpine access, and west at home. these are all call center jobs and require no background noise, a landline, and high speed internet connection. I worked for liveops briefly and hated it, so good luck!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Check the local job boards for telecommuting jobs. However, be forewarned, legit work at home jobs are very rare.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2011