Why is it hard to get a two year old to sleep in her toddler bed?

She will sleep in it for a few hours then get into my bed in the middle of the night. I put her back in her own bed and she gets back into bed with me.

megtinkerbell

Asked by megtinkerbell at 8:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wish i could help you out but i'm having the same trouble with my two year old son. good luck
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Well, at least you get her to stay in it for a few hours. I remember that first week was TOUGH. Even though it goes against common advice, I used to lay down on the floor beside her bed until she would go back to sleep. Then, stiff, sore and angry, I just started putting up the baby gate in her doorway. I could hear her if she needed me, but she could sleep in her toddler bed or on the floor. She chose the bed. At the end of the week we were doing great.

FTR: She also liked her toddler bed to be in the exact same place as her crib had been for the first few months.

Hope that helps!
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 9:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I would try that but we are staying with friends and sharing a room.
    megtinkerbell

Comment by megtinkerbell (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• im wondering the same thing my son is almost 2 and has been in a toodler bed since he was 18 months at first he slept throught the night but last couple months he sneaks into bed with us around midnight.
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 9:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am thinking that it is the mattress because she would not sleep in her crib, she had to sleep in a playpin.
    megtinkerbell

Comment by megtinkerbell (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• if u think it is the matress, can you buy a softer mattress maybe? maybe put a plushy blanket under her if she likes soft things, idk other than just keep putting her in it when she gets out. good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Mine refused to sleep in a toddler bed. My youngest even went through a TWO YEAR floor sleeping phase, until we got him a queen sized bed. Once he got a big bed, he was in it from that night on. There was something about the toddler bed that neither of them wanted a thing to do with.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• the answer to your response mama2bof2 is that I even put tons of blanks and she still wont sleep in it. to your response JulieJacobKyle I think you are right. I am going to keep trying to get her to sleep in her bed.
    megtinkerbell

Comment by megtinkerbell (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011