working from home

First i was wondering if anyone here does the medical transcript. My older sister was telling me about it saying that if i was to do it i would be working from home typing medical transcript. So if any of you do that how did you get into it and about how much do you make doing it?

And second i'm trying to find a job that i can do from home but it's so hard to tell what's a scam and whats not. There are so many things where you have pay lots of money to start and some seem like scams but i'm not sure. So how can you tell if something is a scam?

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• The best way to see if a work-from-home "job" is a scam is if they want money - for anything. A real employer isn't going to charge you for anything. There are companies who hire people to work from home for customer service, conducting surveys, etc., check on Monster.com and other employment sites.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• A business opportunity will usually costs a fee to start/maintain but that doesn't make them scams. As for jobs.....I looked for over a year and never found anything that would work for me. Instead of being stuck at a work place I would have been stuck on the computer......it's tough but there are things out there. Good luck!

Becky

Independent Distributor for Mia Bella's http://www.howreb.scent-team.com/

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I work with Alyssa above. We have a great team. Joining this Team of Moms has been the best decision I've made for our Family. I encourage you to visit her site. www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I blog about work at home opportunities and ideas.  You're welcome to view my blog at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• As more and more doctors move toward EMR (electronic records management), there will be less and less jobs doing medical billing and transcription.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm a gift basket consultant for la bella baskets and love it!! Proof of one of my checks on my profiel!!:-) If you like more info p.m. me with your fullname and email address:-)
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 7:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Check out any opportunity with the BBB to see if it's legit.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• you can take courses in medical coding/billing and work from home if you find a doctors office that uses this....but ya, if you have to pay for something...generally it's a scam.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Pick your own hours at home! filling out offers and surveys if your interested msg me free to join free to earn!
    2_kiddos

Answer by 2_kiddos at 2:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Hello
    I work with prepaid legal . Theyy are a work at home company that is legal , They are on the stock market . They are growing rapaidly even in this market.I work from homw with 4 children and this is working great for me and it is something that everyone can use.
    Please contat me and I will be happy to help you get started . Contact me and I have some great things to help you get started .
    Jaime
    Gotupperware

Answer by Gotupperware at 2:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2011