Do you think Degrassi is inappropriate ?

Do you think the Canadian show Degrassi is inappropriate for young kids ? I baby-sit and I hear kids as young as 9 and 10 talking about the show and some of the stuff those kids get into to ( one of the kids was talking about this girl named "Holly" stripping at a school dance, kids having sex, drinking, doing drugs etc..) . I was shocked to found out that this type of show comes on Nick. I've never seen the show, but is it really appropriate for kids ?

Jtsmith1

Asked by Jtsmith1 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• no. It's for teens.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Its definately a show for teenagers, I don't allow my 11yo to watch it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes it is inappropiate for young kids. My kids are 12, 10, 9 and 7 and are not allowed to watch it. I don't even think I will let my 12 year old watch it when she turns 13 because I don't want my other daughters to see it. I change the channel even when I see the commercials and they are in the room. It is for teens but the subject matter is so mature some adults probably watch it.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i thought the show was great, it's a more mature show but it opens up the topics for PARENTS to talk to their child about what's going on...it's better to be early than too late in that sort of situations
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Never saw the show sorry.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It for teens. they show an age group that it is good for.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• its made for teenagers about todays world and about sex,violence, gangs,if nick thought it was a bad show, they would have cancelled it, now i did use to watch it, but the earlier shows and from up to the year of 2008, it has changed alot, im hinking thats its just strictly for teens and should not be show nto anybody udner the age of 14
    Cadens_Momma

Answer by Cadens_Momma at 7:27 AM on Feb. 8, 2011