Is my 2 month old teething????

Hi all! My two month old has been chewing on his hand lately nonstop and drooling like crazy...isn't that a sign of teething??? What else can it be? What should I do for him besides giving him a teething ring?

MandyAshley

Asked by MandyAshley at 5:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd has started to do this too and she is seven weeks. I think that she just discovered her little hand. She loves to suck and chew on it, but I doubt it is teething. I think it is just something new for them to do. She drools like crazy too.
    jjones0461

Answer by jjones0461 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Well first, lots of children do it around that age...sucking on their hands and drooling. If you see a huge increase in drooling then it could possibly be teething, just keep an eye out for any "bumps" on her gums where teeth will eventually break through. My son got 3 teeth at once at 3 months, so it's possible!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My 6 week old does the same thing. I put him on his stomach and he immeadiately goes for his hands and arms. He even gave himself a hicky from sucking so hard! I think its just part of him learning and developing. If it were teething he's probably be fussy aswell.
    HighCntryMom82

Answer by HighCntryMom82 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My daughter did it for entertainment and just couldn't control the drool. My niece did it when she was hungry. You'll figure out your baby's habits soon! Its a little early for teething, but definitely not impossible!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My friends son was born with two bottom teeth! I'm not kidding! So i think it's def. teething. And i wouldn't be worried at all. Get some Orajel for babies! I love that stuff!
    Kristina3boys

Answer by Kristina3boys at 2:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2008