What are easy ways to clear up your sinuses

my sinuses get really bad and causes awful migraines. How do you deal with your sinuses

ShhhItsASecret

Asked by ShhhItsASecret at 9:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Health

• a Neti pot. They are awesome. Can get them at a health store, maybe even Walmart or a Target these days. Just mix up a solution of warm water and 1/4 tsp of salt and clean your nose out. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I use a nasal spray, humidifier, sudafed or Nyquil sinuses is awesome. I also drink a cup of tea with honey. The heat from the tea loosens up things when I drink.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yep, we use sinus rinses too. Not the Neti pot, but a similar principal. We have a plastic squeeze bottle, NeilMed. The warm salt water goes in one nostril, and out the other...taking all the mucus, pollen and stuff with it. It sounds kinda gross, but really is soothing.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• vicks vaporizer here. or sinus spray.
    curveymama

Answer by curveymama at 10:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Nothing really helps mine, but when they aren't horrible, my sinus rinse things help (like the Netti Pot). I've tried every kind of OTC sinus and allergy medication and none of them really help at all. Nose sprays help, also. IDK if Vick's still makes it or not, but they used to have this little stick that looked like a Chapstick that you held up to your nose an inhaled a few times and that helped a lot, also.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• The netti pot is great-
    Redbird26

Answer by Redbird26 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I take Singulair and have nasal spray for mine.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Eliminate dairy, and take a magnesium supplement

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Used to get several sinus infections a year. I went gluten free & no more sinus problems.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:23 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• have you tried a humidifier
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 8:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2011