Do you dye your hair

Do you do it yourself or have someone do it for you

ShhhItsASecret

Asked by ShhhItsASecret at 9:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yep. I do my own. I have since I was 16 so 22 years now

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• All natural!
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I use to dye my hair but haven't done it for almost 6 years now.
    smurf67

Answer by smurf67 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yep! I go to that salon every 7 weeks or so.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I dye easter eggs, I color my hair. LOL Sorry something they drilled in us in beauty school! haha! I am a professional so sometimes I do my own and sometimes I have another stylist help me. But I always use professional color. It doesn't damage my hair.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I color my own. No time for a salon right now. So I use the semi-permanent stuff and it works pretty well, is very easy, and I'm pleased with the results.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 9:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've colored my hair since I was in the 8th grade. I do it myself, and enjoy changing the color now and then. It's been virtually every color of the rainbow. Currently it is a normal looking red, but over the past spring and summer, I colored it purple, blue, and pink.
    Yep.
    As Janis Joplin once said: "I'm one of those regular weird people."
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 9:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am mixed and have ethnically difficult hair that is really dark and thick and it doesn't pick up the color from at home kits. So my sister, who is a cosmetologist colored it for me. She did 3 different colors and it took forever. In the salon my dye job would cost upwards of $350-$400. I love it and I can't wait for her to do it again. She's the best!

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 10:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I go to a salon to get mine done.
    luvhnaj

Answer by luvhnaj at 10:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I dye it myself 99% of the time. Sometimes I'll get my BFF to help (she just has to go back to school for like a month to get her cosmetology license), but only if I want two colors like red with black chunks. I do NOT trust salon dyes at all. I've had them on my hair before and every single time, no matter the color, salon, stylist, etc., they washed out of my hair in less than a week, or left splotchy color that was between 2 and 4 different shades all over my head. Never again.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2011