Would you be ok with your 15 year old daughter hanging out at her friends house in the basement with boys?

My daughters best friend invites boys over to her house all the time and they hang out in the basement. I hear that her best friend makes out with her boyfriend all the time when they are hanging out in the basement. That tells me that the parents are not supervising very well. I don't mind my daughter hanging out at someones house with boys, but I prefer that she be in an open area where the parents are in and out of the room. I'm dredding talking to the parents about this, but I just think that it's common sence.

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 9:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, teens are gonna make out, even if they are in plain sight. I don't see what the big deal is as long as a parent is checking in every hour or so.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I know what I was doing at that age in the basement with my boyfriend and it wasn't good.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 9:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i agree with musicmom, as long as the parents check in on them i don't see what the big deal is with kissing, as long as they're not having sex i'd be okay with it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Musicmom,,,,,,,,kids can do a lot of sexual stuff in an hour, oral sex is very big now.
    staceynoel

Comment by staceynoel (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think making out is no biggie it is what else they are capable of :S No bueno! Its so hard to say what all goes on down there. My BIL just turned 18 but before that he would have girls over in the basement and sometimes spend the night to play video games all night...and nothing sexual went on down there.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've had to talk with a few parents. I always make it sound as non confronational as possible and make light of it in passing. Like, "I just wanted to double check, you know how everyone think other parents are cooler than their own"

katey1211

Answer by katey1211 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• ABusyBee,,,,,,,,,your right making out is not that big of a deal but it can lead to other things pretty quickly. I just think that if you give the less of an oportunity to make out, they won't move to the next step so quickly.
    staceynoel

Comment by staceynoel (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I'm quite aware of what kids are capable of. But I raise my children to excercise good judgement and sometimes they need to see that I trust them. If they abuse my trust, then we will deal with that when the time comes.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't much like it, but I'd rather know where she is and that she's hanging with boys there, than her go it behind my back who knows where, doing who knows what with who knows who.
    Best bet would be to show her trust, have open communication, and make sure she is fully educated about sex: what IS sex, what can happen, and STDs.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 9:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Musicmom,,,,,,,,,,,what it they abuse your trust and it's to late,,,,,,,,they're pregnant or did things that they were pressured tnto doing
    staceynoel

Comment by staceynoel (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011