evening primrose oil

ok im 39 weeks and y doctor suggested if i wanna get the show on the road i could a couple of things she mentioned taking evening primrose, so i sent my SO to get it but im not sure how to take it is it oral? or vaginal? it doesnt say on the bottle i goggled it it sai du can rub on the perineum area or insert vaginal....i just wanna ame sure im doing it right can some one please tell me how this thing works?

gbabyinc10

Asked by gbabyinc10 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, I used it vaginally for one baby, because I was going in for an induction for a big baby. It may have helped me stretch, but as for anyhting else it just left and oily mess in my panties. lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• how long did u use it?
    gbabyinc10

Comment by gbabyinc10 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• two weeks. She told me it wouldn't induce labor, just get me ready. There is prostiglandens in evening primrose. It ripens the cervix, but it's not strong enough to push you over the edge unless you are good and ready. But I bet you'll go on your own next week if not sooner!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• lol thank u i do too
    gbabyinc10

Comment by gbabyinc10 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011