how old can you start taking chid offthe bottle? And how old do you start potty training?

he's 14 months

millesmommy

Asked by millesmommy at 9:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Both my kids came off the bottle the day after their 1st b-day. My DD was potty trained (through the night and all) at 19 months but my oldest son was 2 and a half and my youngest some is 22 months and starting to get the idea. He goes pee but not poop.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Lol that was probably confusing my oldest son is step so the 2 I was talking about were my birth children
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Child #1 - off bottle at 16 months. Started potty training at 10 months..... finally FULLY trained at 3 years, 3 months - UGH!
    Child #2 - off bottle at 1 week before his 2nd birthday (red face).... started potty training 18 months.....FULLY trained at 2 years, 8 months
    Child #3 - off bottle at 11 months - YAY!....she's 2 years and 8 months and still isn't trained (although we were SO close 4 times...she is stubborn!!!!)
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 9:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• they say at one year baby no longer needs to be on a bottle because they can switch to whole milk from formula or breast milk. i nursed my dd until 6 months then supplemented until one year. when she turned one year and as soon as her last can of formula was gone i took her off the bottle no problem. now my ds was about the same with the exception he did NOT want to give up that bottle and it took a few months after he turned year to get him off. some kids are ready to give it up sooner than others. just make sure and keep babies teeth clean. it is a process sometimes. and as for potty training. each kid varies. i started introducing the potty to mine at about 1.5 years. not making them go but letting them sit on their own potty when i went and getting them used to the idea and showing them what they were supposed to do. both of mine were trained right before 3 years of age. again it is a process. GL
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i took my son off the bottle the nite of his first birthday and he done fine.. and he is almost two and im gonna potty train him this summer...
    tanabug11

Answer by tanabug11 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I took my child off the bottle at one year old shortly after her first birthday... & I started potty training when she turned two it takes a long process im still not done with the potty training every kid is different but i believe potty training is the hardest step.
    Chelseys_mom08

Answer by Chelseys_mom08 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011