When will this darn cough go away! Had a nasty head/sinus/throat bug

Looking for information, had a bug here throat/sinus/cold fevers between myself and my little man, we are both completely cured after 7 days on antibiotics, but for some reason both of us at night when we lay down are coughing, SO ANNOYING. Dont remember dealing with this before, its been a while since I had a cough associated with a bug that we cought. Any suggetions, will it go away? Do we need more meds? Hes 5.

bullynj

Asked by bullynj at 9:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• night quil
    babyfade671

Answer by babyfade671 at 5:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Ask to have a chest xray done we had the same thing happen at our house and my son had a lung infection
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• what might also help try a vicks liquid humidafirier...i got one for my daughter and it helps her alot a night...especially when shes sick and even when shes not sick it helps her with her allergies...all you do is fill the container with water and pour about a tablespoon worth of liquid vicks in the water and plug it up and when it gets hot it'll start misting out and it'll help...
    opalmama04

Answer by opalmama04 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2011