how do you get your kids to go to bed

grandmaw11348

Asked by grandmaw11348 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Tell them to go to bed and shut off their lights. They have no choice.
    Anonymous

• my ds falls asleep on his own, hell lay in his pillow in the floor and fall asleep, i have to move him to his bed lol with my dd, i take her to bed and tuck her in and she goes to sleep
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I tie them down. LOL Okay really I don't. At that age I would just sent them to their rooms and make sure they don't have any of their fun things in their room until they learn bed time is bed time, not play time.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• tell them its time for bed and turn out the lights. Maybe a kiss and a hug too.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I say bed time.... give a hug and a kiss... then its lights out... and it's done!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Set a time every night, and he just has to get in the bed...no questions asked, or he will not play his video game or what it may be when he comes home from school the next day. My younger son is thirteen, I let him go to bed at ten...because he has proved to me that he can get up bright and early without a fuss. On the weekends, there is no set time. He usually just gets tired around the same time.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I say, "It's bedtime" and he goes. Sometimes I have to turn off his light if he wants to read, but really there is no choice. Lights off, no negotiations.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I take away xbox and unplug the net.
    He can read books if he NEEDS to have something to do...but that is his only option.
    Once in awhile (* On a weekend, Friday or Saturdays only ) I'll let him watch a movie to fall asleep.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• My 9 y/o dd is so hard to get to sleep!! I am now trying warm baths with scented bathing soda. Relaxation before lights out and NO tv!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• He's knows his bedtime, so I give the 5 minute warning. If he wants I lay down and chat with him for 5 minutes and then leave and he goes to sleep. He does have a clock that makes noises (fire, waterfall, crickets) that he says helps him sleep.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011