What is the sweetest thing your child has ever said to you?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 10:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• My oldest son that is sixteen, said to me the other day....."mom, im sorry for all the stress I put you through, but I want you to know how much you mean to me, and how much I love you!".....Lets just say I almost fell over! We were having a long talk about some things, and I asked him about his teen behavior over the years. He apologized for all the wrong. Maybe I was lucky because it was my birth day. And he def one me over because he bought me a birth day cake ;) That was def a teary eye moment. lol
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I've loved you my whole life.
    My son said that when he was 14, it was probably the best thing I ever heard.
    luvhnaj

Answer by luvhnaj at 10:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• " your the best mommy ever and i love you so much ill always be your girl" that made my heart melt
    KayleesMommy89

Answer by KayleesMommy89 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Well I love you of coarse but one time my hubby was being a jerk and made me cry my 3 yr old said mommy sad dont cry i love you.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i had just gotten home from a rotten day at work and my 3yrc old son came running up "mommies home! mommies home!"
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 10:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I love you Mommt! And then he gives me a huge hug and kiss...he melts my heart
    Lyndsey250

Answer by Lyndsey250 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• lol, then my twin daughters that are eight made me a card last month. It said something like....Thank you mommmy for loving me, giving me lots of hugs, giving me food and water, giving us a home and a kitty, and I love you so much. More than the whole wide world. They made the card together. I loved the giving me food and water part ;)
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Wow. To pick just one. With my daughter that first "too" had me. I would say "I love you, sweetie" and one day she looked at me and said, "too" in response. For the longest time it was "Too, mommy. Too." Heart melting to say the least.

But my eldest stepson (25) recently got married. It was the late in the reception and I grabbed him for a dance. Keeping in mind I raised this beautiful man from the age of 12 when he moved in with us, (married his dad when the boy was 10), he wrapped his arms around me and whispered into my ear, "Thank you. I wouldn't be here without you. You've made me who I am and I have a wonderful wife. Thank you. I love you so much." I've never been so proud to be his (step)mom.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 10:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• "I love you."
    Does it get any sweeter than that?
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my 3 yr old looked at me the other day when I was getting him out of the car and he said. "mama... D happy. " I said "you are happy little love?" he said "yes mama. D happy." I asked him why, and he replied "Cause mama loves D, and D love everyone. Love mama, daddy, sissy, gammy, pops, uncle trey trey, aunty ashy, peepaw, jackson... (the list was LONG)" And the whole time he said it he had this very content smile on his face. the simple joy of knowing he was loved, and he loved everyone .... made my heart melt.
    Regina_Falange

Answer by Regina_Falange at 10:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011