What different diet have you tried?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 10:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've done WW....it works, as long as you use the program to teach yourself proper portion control, how to cook, and how to eat without relying on their pre-made meals (which are loaded with sodium). I've had family members have extreme issues while on Atkins and/or the South Beach Diet....frankly any diet that denys you anything isn't going to work. Your body needs carbs, protein, fat, and fiber, it just needs it in certain combinations.

Coala, that's an AWFUL low calorie count....your body is going to react to "starvation"...if you really have to cut calories THAT much to lose weight, there may be some other medical issue going on...I'd talk to a doctor about getting some tests....just something to think about =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have actually done something similar to the Atkins diet and passed out numerous times due to hypoglycemia. I went to just counting calories and found that I don't lose weight unless I keep it between 900-1000 a day.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I have tried many different diets but truly only do well when I cut calories and work out. My son does the Special K diet when he feels he needs to and loves it!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I dont do diets at all they dont work
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 6:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Start moving; do some sort of exercise, even walking, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least three times a week. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. Eat an apple, kiwi, or a big pile of veggies before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have tried afew but nothing can replace just changing lifestyle habits.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• haven't dieted in awhile, they don't work for me
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• None. When my pants get too snug, I eat less.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i don't diet, i just eat healthy
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• atkins - lost 92 lbs in 9 months ,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2011