How much do you pay for your gym membership?

And what all does it entail? Do you pay extra for personal training? Are all classes open to everyone? Is there a child care option and do you use it?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 10:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I actually get my membership for free, since I work at my gym's chilcare area. It doesn't include personal trainers, classes are allowed to every member. I do take advantage of the child care when working (when son is not in school) and when working out.
    gurleymomma

Answer by gurleymomma at 10:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I found it cheaper to get a game system with workout games that I use daily. It is cheaper than a gym membership and I can work out any time I want and don't have to use childcare options b/c I can do it when my LO is napping or down for the night.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I don't belong to a gym but I know the YMCA has great prices and will even give a discount if you are having trouble paying. They also have personal trainers for an extra fee but it is still less than going to a gym I believe.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i pay 40/month..i loooove my gym..its freakin HUUUUUGE!! theres co-ed and womans only..so on days im feeling good, lol, i go and look at the guys!! LOL i can go to any class i want..childcare is available..but not included..but i go while shes in school anyways....free access to the sauan..with membership you get 3 free personal training sessions...you can take them any anytime...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• my gym also has tv's on EVERY treadill,bike, elliptical and stairclimbers!!
    alexis_06

• When I went I paid 30 a month!
    whitefamily

Answer by whitefamily at 11:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I do go to the gym at all i workout at home for free
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 6:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I pay $40 a month at LA Fitness and that includes childcare for 2 kids. Without kids it would be $30 a month. Keep in mind that things like childcare and registration fees are negotiable when you join a larger chain gym. Some people I know are paying $20 a month just for childcare and others $15 or $20.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No frills here...$10 per month at Planet Fitness. Plenty of cardio equipment, circuit training, shower/locker room. No pool, no sauna, no childcare....but it works for me. When I can't make it in (due to childcare issues and/or weather), I work out at home...and I don't feel like I'm overpaying at $10 a month when that DOES happen.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It depends on how long you join for. 3 mo= $199, 2 years=$44 per month. The classes are all included, the child care if free, you get a meeting with one of the trainers who takes you around and shows you how to use all the equipment, there are lokcers, showers, and a suana. I went to Powerhouse with Fitness for Her which has a room just for women. I eally liked the gym but it was just too expensive, but I really want to go back.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 10:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2011