Did anyone ever had 1st trimester bleeding, and if so how waas the outcome?

sunshine6384

Asked by sunshine6384 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes a little spotting can occur during the early weeks of the first trimester known as "Implantation Bleeding".
    This should go away rather quickly.
    IF it doesn't I would consult your Ob/Gyn right away.
    Hope this helps and Good Luck.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I did. I had placenta previa. I bled throughout the pregnancy, and was on partial bedrest for 3 months. I delivered my son via emergency c-section at 34 weeks. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU, but he's been healthy as a horse every since. My whole pregnancy was so scary, but both he and I turned out fine. My DH rented a fetal monitor for me so I could listen to his heartbeat, it saved my sanity.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Yes I had bleeding with my second son (around 8th week). It was nothing major...just enough to freak me out...but the Dr said don't worry and my son was born at 38 weeks.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I actually hemorrhaged twice during the first trimester, and spent most of it on bed rest. I was also put on progesterone.

I had a healthy baby, one week early 8lbs. 12 oz.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had implantation spotting. The outcome was a healthy baby 8 months later.
    Anonymous

• twice it was m/c and once i had a baby
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Out of five pregnancies, I had bleeding with two and lost them both. One miscarried at 8 weeks, the other at 10 weeks.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Once it was because I miscarried and the other was implantation bleeding. BIG difference though! With the miscarriage I bled so much I thought I was going to need blood. When I had implantation bleeding it was just a teeny bit.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 12:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• If you already know you are PG, then it is NOOOOOT implantation bleeding...that would happen just after implanting occurs, which is way before you get a +HPT. If your bleeding is light in color and amount, it is probably just some breakthrough bleeding caused by PGcy. This isn't a problem and isn't a sign of MC...it's kinda like your body went "Whoops, I don't need to bleed this month' but it's already let a bit out before the hormones stop it. If it is a MC, it will likely be dark red and very heavy, usually accompanied by painful cramps, but not always. I had some bleeding with my first PGcy which was heavy and dark and very painful...it was the loss of a twin at around 5 1/2 weeks. I didn't know I was even PG...just thought my AF was a bit late and thought that was why it was exceptionally heavy/painful (I always had heavy, painful AFs).
    blondeUSmomma

Answer by blondeUSmomma at 5:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2011