help! Im filling out a financial Affidavit for Child Support...

How much do you spend a your child's clothing monthly? I was thinking maybe $75 a month

Also am I suppose to state how much I spend on my tuition?

Should I also mention how much I would spend recreational or tutoring courses for my daughter....this semester was unable to sign her up since I have no money but she always took these classes before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• Anything you put in the financial affidavit needs to be proven if your exes attorney asks for it. Just put down what you actually spend - I don't know about the classes for your DD, if she's not currently enrolled the other attorney may argue about that. I don't think that your tuition would be placed on there, unless you are asking for alimony as well?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Holy crap...$75 a month on clothing? I spend MAYBE 200 a year per kid. So be honest and make sure you are as accurate as possible.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• thank you guys for your input this is so frustrating.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I know, these forms can make you crazy. Those things don't really count so much when determining child support (that is from what you make and what he makes put together, what % of that is what he makes, then what % of nights the child is with you, then it is a chart, I know I am making it sound confusing but it's not really lol). They mostly want to see what you will be spending the child support on answer as best and as honest as you can . Yes, put in the programs and if you are asked, be honest that she is not currently in them due to lack of money but she usually is and you plan to continue (make sure you ask that he pays for half of the cost). Also, make sure you put any child care costs that you pay (even if it is just the teenage girl down the street who watches your kid as long as it is just the time you are at work or school and it is on a regular basis). If it asks about your tuition, yes put it but if not, don't.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• We only buy clothes twice a year (once for summer, once for winter). Take what you spend yearly and divide by 12 to get the monthly expense.

Use the amount you actually spend on tutition and other expences. Don't guess. If you don't know for sure, call the school, the tutor, ect, and find out.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011