Nuvaring....

How fast does it work, and how well??? Anyone know and would you recommend it??

AmI88

Asked by AmI88 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was on the Nuvaring prior to getting pregnant, after having my baby I went back on it and had horrible side effects. I had extremely bad mood swings, was always always upset and felt extremely depressed. I decided to take it out at that point because I wanted to take control of my emotions! Hope this helps!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• When it stayed in place, I felt awful... mood swings, crampy... but I could never get it to stay so I went back to pills.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 10:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I used the nuva ring for about three months. I hated it, it kept slipping out of position and felt uncomfortable when it was properly in place. I also didn't like the feeling of the medication being absorbed ( the patch made my skin tingle, the nuva ring made me feel like I was going crazy). I had no good experience with the nuva ring and don't recommend it. I was hoping it was going to be awesome, it just wasn't.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• ...i had the nuva ring and i loved it
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had it and loved it, I had no side effects , I highly recomend it
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• i got preggers while on the nuva ring.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 11:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I am currently on the nuva ring. and I LOVE it. BUT I am very moody and i'm not sure if it's from being stressed out, or the side effects from the birth control. i hope its just stress because if its from the BC i will discontinue using it. other than that, i dont feel it, i forget it's in. its also helped regulate my periods.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2011