Why dose the Military infect our Family members.

My only Daughters a Lance Corporal in the Marine corp, and had a few shot's a week or so ago and ended up with Scarlet Fever, now what I want to know is what the hell is our Government thinking?

tushpush1966

Asked by tushpush1966 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Scarlet Fever (while rare) has actually been on the rise in Wisconsin and other areas too I'm sure.
    They're thinking of bringing back the vaccine to the American public.
    Since many third world countries don't have vaccines and the military travels around it's important that they get vaccinated for damn near everything that they could come in contact with.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• You do know that Scarlet Fever is caused by the strep bacteria right? And do you also know that it is so common, many people have it on their skin? Something as simple as touching a door knob with strep on it, then scratching your nose can infect you.
    You're not listening to Alex Jones and his conspiracy nonsense are you?
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Most of the vaccines they get will never be let out to the public

Really? The only vaccine given to the military that is not routinely available is antrax. Even that is required of some lab personnel. When I traveled overseas I had to renew my cholers, small pox and yellow fever shots. Just because they aren't required for school doesn't mean they aren't available.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• experimental vaccines the military was always used as guinea pigs with stuff that is not fda or medically approved, its no secret..... Before the bashers creep out I have a lot of military in my family..

Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Scarlet fever is caused by Step. pryogenus..not vaccines.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• OP, I am sorry this happened to your daughter, that is awful, she is in my prayers!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• A lot of vax will give you a mild case of the disease that it will prevent. It's your body's way of building the immunity for it. She doesn't have full-blown scarlet fever, just some of the symptoms.

Modified live is not generally used any more, so they don't give you a mild case of anything. If she has scarlet fever then THAT is what she has.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Well, that is fine. But maybe you could have stated that in your first post. If it were my child in the military and I didn't know any better and someone came at me with your first post I would have been scared! You could have explained first off, in the past things were like that. But women can be catty...which is why I went under anon...I try to be nice but some people take things wrong and I don't feel like being attacked through pm :)
    Anonymous

This is very true. I remember allot of the drugs & shots that were tested on soldiers such as my husband before they even came out to the public. This always made me so mad but there is nothing they can do about it because they signed a contract that clearly states this.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• If she is going over seas or has been, they will give them "shots" so that they don't get anything over there or bring it back. It sucks but its to help protect them. My best friend has been a Marine for 12 years and they have made him do, what i think, some strange things. But at least he's still alive!!! Hope she feels better soon!
    whitefamily

Answer by whitefamily at 11:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2011