What would you do about this?

I met a mom here on CM that sells Avon. I was interested and sent her $10 cash. After a couple of weeks & lots of excuses( she had reason after reason why I couldn't get signed up). I was supposed to be getting a kit in the mail, never received it. Finally she said she could sign me up online, but would need my personal info. which I didn't feel comfortable giving her. I asked her to send me the money back and said I was no longer interested. I sent her a pm yesterday and she said I should have received the money a long time ago. I know it's only $10 but it's the principal of the matter that is really bugging me. Still haven't seen the money and didn't come in today's mail. It's been over a week and we live in the same state. I have been very patient with this mom but I am really angry about the whole matter. What do you think I should do? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• If you have her name and address you can contact Avon and report her. That's if she ever did work for Avon. But since you have her address which I hope is really hers and she's not USING someone elses which scammers do OFTEN, I would report her to CafeMom. $10 bucks adds up if you weren't the only one she has done this to. Say she did this to 10 people, that's 100 bucks in her pocket. I hope you paid by check then you can work with your bank and contact them about her also.
    Now that's a really nice stay at home job for her eh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• give her one more call asking for your money, if she doesn't come through i would give her a lil scare. like if you have a friend who's husband's a cop or wife's a cop and have them call her or go to her house (if you have the address) and let them tell her she's being sued or something legal for false advertisment and see if they can get your money back. if you don't want to do that then you may just have to forget bout getting $10 bucks back.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• First of all, I'd let the cafemom team know about this member. Maybe nothing comes of that, but if she's been reported by others, at least she may get kicked off here so she can't take advantage of other cafemommers anymore.

Also, I would contact Avon and let them know what happened. hopefully you know her real name, and obviously her address, etc. I'm sure Avon wants to know if any of their representatives are negatively affecting their company's image.

In fact, I know they do 9want to know). I used to be an Avon rep and I used to sell to this mean, MEAN old lady down my street. Well, she took offense that I didn't get her order to her in a timely manner one time (I was out of state visiting family and had let her know that but she forgot) so she called the corporate office and complained about me. I got a wicked talking to from my area leader because of it.
    dsteiner23

Answer by dsteiner23 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• You could always contact Avon as she is an Avon consultant and that is why she took your $10.00 to supposedly get you signed up! I would deffinately go that way if you don't receive it very soon!!!
    GoGreen2Day

Answer by GoGreen2Day at 6:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I would threaten to call Avon and report her also to CafeMom. Wether I would go through with it probable not for $10 but I would chalk it up as a tough lesson learned. You didn't send cash did you?
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 6:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Call avon and report her to CM. Even though its $10 she could be doing this to others as well.
    Madanees_mom

Answer by Madanees_mom at 7:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• You can sign up for avon yourself on avon.com u do not need to go through her.
    momagarry

Answer by momagarry at 8:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Personally I have never had good luck with avon. I can tell you this however. I no longer sell this but recommend it to everyone. Tupperware is the best product ever and still has a life time warranty. Call a woman named Nicole and she can help you. She is honest, carring, and has 5 kids of her own. She was my directer once upon a time and is fantastic. She is very serious about her business and does everything to help her people. Call 1512-259-7554. Tell her Ellie sent you. No I get nothing from it I promise. She is just awesome.
    godservant

Answer by godservant at 11:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Update: As of today, still haven't received the money in the mail and I reported her to CM. Thanks for everyone's answers!
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I would call Avon. You have given her plenty of time. There is no reason why you should have to deal with this. If she has done this to you, she is doing this to others. And the company needs to know. They may even send you the kit since you paid for it.
    AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 11:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2008