what can i do?

my husband just got "promoted" sort of and now instead of being the bartender he is out at other bars getting ideas for the business and then has to go in for the "promotions" but he always stays and hangs out and drinks ALWAYS. if it was every once in a while.. who would care but i am so sick of being stuck at the house being the only one taking care of our children and not getting any time for myself.. i want to go out every blue moon also but i cant because he is never here.. and I AMMMM SOOOOO SICK of him being out hanging out when he could be home helping...and i NEVER get to go out unless he goes with me.. i love him going out with me but he goes out all the time without me (or stays out hanging out and drinking ) without me and i cant do anything but be the stay at home mom.. ?????

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• When he is out on one of his excurtions hire a sitter (maybe a family member or local neighbor??) and YOU go out!
    Or when he is home during one of those rare moments...disappear. Go to the bathroom for a hot bath and book or take that time and conviently escape to the mall or bookstore...don't tell him when you'll be back either.
    Then after initate a talk of how that must have felt for him...not to mention You!
    Good Luck Sweetie...what you are asking for is NOT unreasonable.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• you should put your foot down !! that would not fly with me. you deserve time for your self so you can recharge. my s/o would pull this crap once ...maybe i am a bossy bitch i guess..........
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Be honest and straight forward with him. Tell him what you feel.. Most guys are not really that great on picking up on what you feel unless you tell them flat out. Also I agree with Missikat75, hire a sitter and go out. But seriously sit down and talk to him!
    skribe

Answer by skribe at 11:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• Tell him you understand he has to do his job but after that, he gets equal time of going out, as you do. If he stays for 3 hours extra, he better be home tomorrow to take the kids cause YOU are going out.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I am sure that u have been talking and fussing 'til u r blue in the face. So stop it! Don't say anything else to him about it. Just like MissiKat said..."get a sitter, put some clothes on, and go". U don't always have to go to a club to have a good time. As a Mother, sometimes u just want time to urself and that is not unreasonable. I would not say anything else. I would start planning my great date with myself! Good Luck!
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 1:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2011