Clomid?

So I am not ovulating and I have a DR appointment on the 21st of Feb. I am thinking that they might put me on Clomid. I have an idea what it is and not what it does exactly. Before I go and research thevast world of the internet I am asking you guys! Any help would be great!

whitefamily

Asked by whitefamily at 11:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on it for 2 of my pregnancies. I was having anovulatory cycles and the drs couldnt tell me why. It stimulated the ovaries to release an egg/s.
    first time I was on it 50mg didnt work 100mg did the trick and I was pregnant
    second time 100mg didnt work but 150mg did.

Make sure to talk to your dr about it and if there are any other suggestions because i read in a pregnancy magazine (while sitting in my ob office) that yes clomid causes you to ovulate but i can make it where the egg has a harder time implanting. (not saying thats the reason that my first time using it I miscarried at 14wks5days or the second time I had a subchorionic hemorrhage) just make sure to ask questions to your dr.

good luck!
    mommyto4rugrats

Answer by mommyto4rugrats at 2:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• As I understand it (am NOT an OB, but this is what mine told me)... it stimulates your ovaries to start producing eggs. Good stuff, I got pregnant on the 4th round. It made me CRAZY moody though!
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 11:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I took chlomid; it stimulates your ovaries into releasing more eggs during each cycle. It worked for me (after 2 years).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011