HELP! My dog is freaking out!

I don't know what else to do! She can't be out of her kennel or she pees and poops on the floor at night! I put her in her kennel with a blanket over and she whines the whole night! i tried the bathroom and she is really frantic now! She wants to be outside, but it's 10 below outside! What do I do? She's so sad and upset! Nothing works! It's been a few weeks of this. I'm at a loss. She used to go right in her kennel and stay there just fine. She's panting, shaking, etc. HELP!

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Pets

• They make medicine for dogs who have anxiety. I'm serious...maybe you could have the vet give her something at night. They even sell dog calming collars at Walmart. I bought one for our dog
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• How old is your dog? What breed(S)? Something seems to be bothering her. Is she normally kept indoors, in warmer weather? Has something changed in her environment? Is she thirstier than normal?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• She's a beagle. She has ALWAYS slept in the house. We put her in a crate at night, because she will poop on the floor at night. She stays in a dog run outside during the day, unless it's really super cold. She's always been a little nervous, and shaky, but she's usually pretty happy, but she is a spazz when she wants to play. She is an escape artist as well. She hides under my bed to avoid getting kenneled. My hubby calls her out and she growls at him. I've had her for 4 years and she never once growled. She used to kennel up on command.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• maybe (just for the night) you could put some paper down and let her sleep out of the kennel. Let the vet check her out ASAP ~ Good luck with your furbaby
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I had some over the counter calming pills for dogs, I just gave her one and she's quiet. I'm calling the vet in the morning!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• oh shes a beagle, that explains it :p

my mom has a beagle and shes nuts like that sometimes too :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• mmm, taking her to the vet sounds like a good idea. Such a drastic change in behavior usually means some sort of health issue - not to scare you though, it's usually something minor!
    Neelah

Answer by Neelah at 1:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Call the Vet rule out any conditions other than nerves, then ask for a doggie downer.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Thanks for answering the questions, it does sound like something is bothering her to me too. I would have her checked for a urinary tract infection as well, just in case. That will sometimes cause a dog more anxiety like you are describing because they feel uncomfortable and sometimes have to pee more frequently.

Good luck, I hope you get her calmed down soon!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• That makes sense, she peed in her kennel this morning. I get paid tomorrow so I'm gonna write them a check.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2011