"born again virgin"

i was watching something on TV about it but i dont get how it works?

i mean, it's too late for me i'm married already, it just made me curious

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 11:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think the term "born again virgin" is kind of silly. I've heard people say that they had been promiscuous, but made a decision to reclaim their purity. This would mean that from that point on, they would abstain from sexual activity until marriage. For anyone who believes in a forgiving God, we believe that He sees us making a change in our lives and trying to avoid sin in the future.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It just means living a chaste life from now on, even though you have been sexually active, you are choosing to not make love again until you are married.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I agree with Iamgr8teful...I think it's a silly label for someone who chooses to no longer practice premarital sex. You can't become a virgin once you're lost your virginity, but God will forgive those who seek forgiveness, but what's done is done. We can't change the past, but we can choose to obey Him.
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 3:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I think the premise is that God will see it as a step towards leading a more devout lifestyle. That you are sorry for your transgression and are working to be a better person.

I am not really religious, so this is just my take...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I've noticed that it's the "Born Again Christians" that use this term. They just love to throw that phrase around, almost like it makes them better. Anywho, All it is, is you saying that you now decide to live a chaste life. There's more to a chaste life then just your sexual activity. How you carry yourself, dress, interact with others etc. Plus I feel that if you decide this it's really no one else's business. You really shouldn't go around telling everybody about. I feel it's kind of like saying," hey I'm good now, try and tempt me."
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• right i get that, but what i dont get is does God see it as you saved yourself for marriage?
    pookipoo

Comment by pookipoo (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• ah thanks, that makes sense.. i saw it on a TV show and i had never heard about it before so i was curious :p
    pookipoo

Comment by pookipoo (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2011