do you prefer the more expensive shampoo/ conditioner to the more economical brands or do the cheaper brands work just as well if not better for you?

I normally get the Suave brand which normally costs well to be honest really cheap, and other times I will get the VO5 which again is really cheap and I love them both. I like the Suave better but I will use the other if necessary.
I found Pantene on a really decent sale once and heard it was supposed to be so great well it left my hair feeling like straw and I went back to my regular shampoo and conditioner and never will I stray again LOL

Kimber8802

Asked by Kimber8802 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I love pantene cuz it works for me and my hair looks great and smells great
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 11:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I use Aveda products, and to me they are well worth the money. I have colored, long hair - and it's in great shape. I've used cheaper products, and I've never been happy with them. I agree with you on the Pantene - my mother uses it and I forgot my shampoo and had to use it. Horrible. It felt like there was wax on my hair.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I use professional products only. For a few dollars more than pantene I won't buy shampoo for 3 months, and it's not made out of glycerin and wax.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I only use Suave and VO5. The other more expensive products usually leave my hair feeling greasy. I need really drying shampoo or my hair is unmanageable. I can not use conditioner as it will also make my hair oily.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2011

• I use Aussie's cleanse N mend. I've used others in the past and always had dry hair, no matter the brand. Its not too bad in price either. $6 for the big pump bottles will last me and dh about a month.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:07 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would still consider Pantene a cheap brand. Albeit overpriced, still cheap. And yeah, it sucks the life out of my hair too. I use Suave in a pinch but I try to stick to Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree line. The scent is amazing and it gives you that cool, tingly feeling. It comes in a small bottle but it lathers so well that it lasts twice as long as a large bottle of suave. It's like $20 for both bottles, and trust me, that was a tough purchase the first time, but so worth it.
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Suave works great for my hair.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 1:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I use what works best for my hair. I am always changing it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You have to look at the engredients which sulfate is very harsh and strips the hair causing damage. Read the label before making your final choice.
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I use pantene. I have tried all kinds of suave but it makes my scalp super dry.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2011