Have you ever had this problem? adult content

since having my first child who is now 5 1/2 whenever I stop breastfeeding my nipples become extremely itchy and they ooze and then form thin colorless things like a scab but it peels off like your skin does after a sunburn. It is there constantly unless I get pregnant again and it will go away in my last trimester and stay gone until I finish breastfeeding.

My doctor told me it is fungus and gave me a cream, didn't work. The midwife at my docs office said it is just left over milk. It is driving me nuts that no one can give me an answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• Never heard of that! It doesn't seem to make sense that it's "leftover milk" if it stays on there so long. Here's a bump!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• sounds like a hormone imbalance...happened to a friend of mine, only she was still leaking fluid from her breast after a year of giving birth and no breast feeding
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• That is probably thrush, and you are going to need something much stronger than cream. There is also oral meds for that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had that prob but assumed it was left over milk also. Mine lasted a long time too.. Until I had another baby. It is pretty irritating and embarrasing. Im glad to know Im not the only one with this prob!
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 12:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It is there constantly unless I get pregnant again and it will go away in my last trimester and stay gone until I finish breastfeeding.

how do you know it would go away then? my nipples would do that before i even had my son..they would leak and i would get some dried crusty stuff over them. How long did you breast feed your child?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• no
    kylesmom

Answer by kylesmom at 8:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had a problem with pain. My nipples were so sore and swollen that I was not able to breast feed for the pain.
    LindaJacobs

Answer by LindaJacobs at 8:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• how do you know it would go away then? my nipples would do that before i even had my son..they would leak and i would get some dried crusty stuff over them. How long did you breast feed your child?

Here is what happened. after I stopped breastfeeding my first son it started and was always there. They didnt leak they oozed from the sides and around the base of the nipple close to the areola. (kinda like a wound would ooze) I got pregnant with my daughter just before my sons 2nd birthday. It was there until my third trimester and it cleared up. I had her breastfed for 8 months. about a month after no breastfeeding it came back and stayed there until my third trimester of pregnancy with my third child. had him breastfed 3 months a month after I stopped it came back again. and here I am.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No but I didn't BF, here's a bump for you.
    Stephanie329

Answer by Stephanie329 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2011