Is it normal for cats to sneeze?

my cat was sneezing like 5 times in a row and im just wondering if this is normal.

supermomofgirls

Asked by supermomofgirls at 11:36 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pets

• mine both do. i think its adorable.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I think it's pretty normal. They can get dust in their little noses just like we do =3 It's really cute! But if you notice a lot of snot coming out of their nose when they sneeze, or if you notice that they have any trouble breathing, they could have a sinus infection or a cold. It's easily treated with antibiotics, I saved a kitten's life from a horrible cold one time...poor little things can't wipe their noses like we can.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I am a volunteer for a cat shelter.... And as long as your cat doesnt have nasal discharge coming out of the nose and no goop coming from its eyes it will be fine. If there is discharge then you need to go to the vet because your cat would have an upper respiratory infection.
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 8:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Is it all the time,or just occasionally? If it's not happening too often, and with no discharge, I wouldn't worry about it.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• We had a cat that use to sneeze all the time and we took him to the vet and they said that he was allergic to everything, he had to take a allergy pill everyday. It was crazy to, because until then I never knew Cats and Dogs had allergies or colds, etc... I guess I just thought people got them, but I was young then.
    momof3sboys

Answer by momof3sboys at 3:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2008