what do you remember about your grandma's house

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 12:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• the sunday family dinners
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• my grandma in her recliner asleep with a cup of coffee in her hand about to tip over, lookin out her back door to see the river, playin with my dolls on her stair steps, getting into her makeup and shoes, her homemade noodles, playing cards everynight
    MasonsMommy1229

Answer by MasonsMommy1229 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• grandmaLots of things.... My fondest memory.. she had an antique store in her basement. That was awesome! The worst, everyone in the house smoked and I used to have pretty bad asthma. It was awful going over there for me sometimes. Also, my grandfather was an alcoholic and my youngest uncle was crazy.. but, those memories still don't outweigh the good ones!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I loved hanging out at my Nana's house. It was a happy home.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• omg, her bright pink bathroom!! it was like a fushia colour!! toilet, bathtub, sink, walls, bathmat!! EVERYTHING!!! i used to love it!  i also remember she drank water out of a aunt jemima syrup bottle with a straw, and her lipstick was always on the straw!  my grandma was in a wheelchair, and i used to love riding on the wheelchair lift that was outside..it went from the driveway to the inside door..LOL it was so fun! RIP GRANDMA!! LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU TONS!!!!!

alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Watching Disney movies, Eating peanuts, Eating lots of sweets, Playing basketball in her back yard, Her huge picture frames, Her huge window in the living room, Her steep driveway, Her basement (complete with bar and pool table), Her little oil thingy... LOL I forget what you call 'em, but those oil lamps, I think, that have the drops of oil running down the wires? I remember her and my egg donor fighting all the time, and her always talking crap. I remember her always being condescending, mostly to my egg donor. I remember her lumpy (ew) mashed potatoes...LOL... Lots of memories there. I actually got to get super close to a baby deer once. We were actually petting it, and then it got scared and ran off.

At my other grandmas, not much besides watching t.v., and her smelling like that pink baby lotion. She loved that stuff.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 1:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i rmember both grandparents houses in detail. & my fav grandparents house where spent alot of time..we had so much fun! there was a long sidewalk surounded by fields that we took bike rides on, & collected buttterflies & lightning bugs. & this big huge old sponge thing that we used to jump on that my grandpa had (dont know where it came from, but it was better than a trampoline!lol. & there was a school across the street...& it is now where my son goes to school. good memories
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• What a great question! My favorite memory was of the Lava Lamp she kept on her wardrobe closet in the living room. It served as my nightlight when I slept on the pull out couch, or as Grama called it, "the davenport." I thought God lived in the light in the lamp.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 1:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• She had a really cool attic that as converted into a large bedroom. It had really cool dormer windows and a bed for each my sister and I. She had a basement with a really steep staircase and in one of the rooms in the basement she had hung black walnuts to dry and they dripped large stains onto the floor. My little sister and I thought they looked blood stains. Which seem like it would be creepy, but they weren't.
    I also remember fireflies, we don't have them in Colorado, so we were super impressed with them. She also had a pair of old schwinn bicycles that we rode all over town.
    And cookies and wonderful homecooking, homemade ice cream and sherbet.

There was also a picture of her in the attic bedroom. It was her graduation pic, it was like it was a picture of me in a different era, I look so much like she did when she was young.

Gosh I miss her. She has Alzheimers and doesn't know who we are anymore D:
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• All of my grandparents are still living but I always remember playing outside and cooking with my grandmothers. I love making cookies and cakes with them and jst sitting and talking with them.
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 2:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2011