Dumb?

so my husband thinks its ok to call me dumb when gets mad????? seriously

does anyone else have this problem and how do you or would you deal with it?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• If my husband called me dumb, he better consider me mute as well because I wouldn't be talking to his butt for a LONG TIME. Ask him how he would like it if you started calling him an "idiot" everytime you thought he was being one......it would probably add up! lol :)
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yes i have this problem and what i do is probly not good advice lol but i just ignore him for hours when he calms down and tries to talk to me i just act like i dont hear him eventually he says sorry lol it pisses me off when he says shit like that and when im in a bad mood he calls me a bitch and that is something that really goes through me and normally i will leave for a night over that lol im not a good example lol
    MasonsMommy1229

Answer by MasonsMommy1229 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Oh yeah, my husband likes to call me dumb a lot! How do I deal with it? Well, I will wait till he calms down and then tell him it makes me feel like crap. He says he only says it when he is mad so it doesn't count.... doesn't make much sense to me! Some men are just mean!!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My SO did this once. I didn't talk to him the rest of the day and the next day he got up for work, his breakfast wasn't made, his clothes weren't ironed for work and he didn't have a lunch made, when he got home from work SHOCK dinner wasnt ready, I told him I was too dumb to remember how to cook, iron or remember to pack a lunch for him. He never did it again
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would just tell him its disrespectful and he needs to stop doing it...each and every time. He'll get sick of hearing it.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 1:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Nope I don't have that problem but if I did, I would just lol and look at him and say "yo mama". Probably not a good example either, but it probably is what I would do! :))
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 1:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• oh god queenadeela.. anytime i slightly say anything NOT CHERISHING his mama he flips.. he is still attached to the cord boob and hip.. serious mama's boy
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 1:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't call my DH names, and he doesn't call me names. It's disrespectful and just mean. I would tell him how it makes you feel - it's not right to call anyone dumb, let alone your spouse.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes, and i tell him "you're dumb"
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2011