Rude or something else?

I have Skype and my landlord just messaged me -- when I answered her, she was just gone. Then came back and engaged me in conversation --- and has freakin disappeared again. I've been sitting here for like 10 minutes waiting on response.
I don't want to be the rude one and just shut it off -- but dang -- if you're in IM with someone and you need to step away - shouldn't it be common courtesy to let them know, or tell them you gotta go so that they don't just sit there waiting.
Heck, the last person I wanna be rude to is my landlord - but dang - get some internet etiquette already.

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 1:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That is rude. I would just log off. If she needs something she knows where to reach you.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yep...go back to the old fashioned telephone if you really need something! But I like that internet etiquette statement! Unless I was on the computer for something else, I would've hung up just as if I was on the phone.
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 1:23 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Rude! She should have told you she was going away from the computer. I'd have just hung up.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would say it is RUDE no matter what.
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think that it is rude of her, If you waited 10 plus minutes for her, than I would log off. If she needs you than she can call you, I always let someone know if I am stepping away from the computer.
    LoneStarMommaD

Answer by LoneStarMommaD at 2:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yup very rude. i would log off
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes, very rude. If you need to log off, just do it. You have a life, too.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would say rude. maybe a bad job at multi tasking?
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2011