Are there any good tips on how to get my daughter to like her bed??

I am trying to move my 2.5 y/o dd into her own room and bed. And I need some tips!! The first three nights she fought me for awhile then I had to sit in there until she fell asleep, then she would wake up and crawl in our bed. I am a very hard sleeper so I don't even realize she is our bed until its time to wake up in the morning. Tonight she fought me for 3 hours until I finally just gave up and let her sleep with her daddy. She has also started to pee her pants during the day. She hasn't peed her pants in months. Could this be caused from the stress of moving her to her own room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• any change in routing (starting daycare, moving, a parent starting a new job or even moving into their own room) can trigger accidents or acting out. my daughter was only 8 mos when i moved her into her own room, so i didnt deal with that, but she was 1 1/2 when she moved to her toddler bed from her crib, and i dealt with a lot of the same.
    i made a big deal out of how special and wonderful it was to have a "big girl bed like mommy's"... i let her "help" me paint it... i really tried to make it fun and make her feel important. sitting to read or tell stories so that she is comfy or almost asleep may help. nightlights really help my daughter stay in bed too, she has a basket of small books right next to the bed and she's allowed to sit in bed and read if she wakes up in the middle of the night.
    the important thing is to stay consistent. my dd would sleep w me every nite if i let her! once you say NO MORE it has to stick.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 7:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2011