Can you get in a jacuzzi tub while pregnant??

Im wanting to book a getaway for my husband and I and I was wondering if I could get a jacuzzi suite or not?
30 wks
Thanks

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• as long as your water hasn't broken or been leaking, yes you can. Just keep an eye on your body temperature, if you get too warm, get out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• awesome thank you
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Only if the water is not too hot. Just as with tub bath, the water should be "very warm" at most. If you start to sweat, your core body temperature is getting too high and you need to get out and cool off as quick as possible.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i heard not a good idea my doctor told me to say away from hot tubs and jacuzzie tubs. but i guess as you dont let yourself over heat your probably ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I heard it wasn't a good idea because it raises you body temp as well as the baby's. I'd ask your doc just to be sure.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My OB told me no, but ask your own OB instead of here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Blah, i got into a hot tub when I was pregnant with my son... no biggie.... just don't stay in there for forever... I swear they caution everything under the sun, which i understand we all want to make sure the baby is healthy, etc; but seriously they are going overboard with the whole bath/hot tub thing...
    Anonymous

• Im going to call my OB to be safe
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• OB said -> as long as it isn't too hot temp should be luke warm! Just for those of you that are wondering! Thanks for the replies
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Good to know, because I have always avoided it because I was told (and have read) that if it's too hot the heat can cause brain damage to the baby. I just assume to not take the chance, but that's just my personal choice.
    Mom2SavRynShai

Answer by Mom2SavRynShai at 12:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008