When it comes to the age of your child, do visitation schedules change?

For example: I am moving to NY to raise my son, be a single mom and all that! But I have agreed to let his father see him (he lives in IL), but not until a year or so. Right now, I have some lawyers saying my son, 9 months, cannot travel back and forth at so young of an age-and i agree! But, what age do you think the court will say I HAVE to let his father see him. I'm not comfortable with my baby traveling back to IL. I want to make it a rule that his father comes to NY to visit. So, maybe 2 years old or more until a court would make my son travel???

joli13

Asked by joli13 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Usually a year old, the court will allow a child of a year old to travel back and forth if the parent or a gaurdian accompanies the kid. You will not be able to dictate to the court your visitation preference. If the father is willing to travel and is responsible according to the court requirements, they will allow him to travel with the child
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2011