Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

When it comes to the age of your child, do visitation schedules change?

For example: I am moving to NY to raise my son, be a single mom and all that! But I have agreed to let his father see him (he lives in IL), but not until a year or so. Right now, I have some lawyers saying my son, 9 months, cannot travel back and forth at so young of an age-and i agree! But, what age do you think the court will say I HAVE to let his father see him. I'm not comfortable with my baby traveling back to IL. I want to make it a rule that his father comes to NY to visit. So, maybe 2 years old or more until a court would make my son travel???

Answer Question

Asked by joli13 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 6 (138 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • Usually a year old, the court will allow a child of a year old to travel back and forth if the parent or a gaurdian accompanies the kid. You will not be able to dictate to the court your visitation preference. If the father is willing to travel and is responsible according to the court requirements, they will allow him to travel with the child

    Answer by shivasgirl at 2:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.