Allergies?

I've never had bad allergies but now that I'm pregnant I am constantly sneezing and have itchy eyes! Is it just me??

coleybear

Asked by coleybear at 1:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had really weird symptoms like that when I was pregnant with my 2nd. Pregnancy changes a women it is possible that you have developed a little allergy and it is possible that you will be done with it once the baby is born.

Good luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Thank you!!
    coleybear

Comment by coleybear (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Some women report the severity of their seasonal allergy symptoms actually changes during pregnancy. Women in general do suffer from more nasal congestion due to hormonal influences during pregnancy. Allergies compound these symptoms, and sinusitis is about six times more common in pregnant women according to a Finnish study. In general, one-third of women state that their allergies worsen during pregnancy, one-third report that their symptoms stay the same and about one-third say they actually get better.

I was in the first one-third. lol
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2011