What is the laundry soap you are supposed to use for your baby clothes?

NEEKSEXI

Asked by NEEKSEXI at 1:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, I use Tide and then Downy fabric softener. When they were first born I used Dreft, but I only used it for a month or so. By then I could tell that they didn't have any sort of reaction to "my" soap (from me holding them).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Dreft, I used it for a little while, but it's expensive, Once I realized she didn't have a problem with being against my clothes or blankets I switched to our regular stuff
    Neelah

Answer by Neelah at 1:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Just as the previous poster said, you can use Dreft at first. But anything "free and clear" will work. Arm & Hammer makes the best one for the least $$. I will end up using Tide free & clear (no perfumes or dyes). All makes one that is nice too.
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 2:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• so i can basically tell by her rubbing against my clothes n laying on bed if she has a problem with nmy detergent because i use tide and sometimes all... bt if she does its dreft, rite? ok thank you
    NEEKSEXI

Comment by NEEKSEXI (original poster) at 2:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I used the same laundry soap my Husband and I used and it was never a problem. My Son has had His clothes washed in Tide His entire Life.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i never used anything "special" on my daughter clothes...i allergic to tide..so i will never use that..LOL..but i just always used purex
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You're probably talking about Dreft...but anything sans perfume and dyes is fine.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 2:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i used to use dreft, but thats expensive so now i use tide free of allergens and dyes
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 7:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I use a degerent that's free from dyes and perfumes. I think it is an All brand and not that expensive. You might want to start off with something like that for now because babies skin is so sensitive.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 7:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• anything free and clear. Dreft is really expensive. The free and clear has nothing in it a baby should react to.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 7:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2011