Will it hlp me stay awake?

Hi, I need to do wrk around the house there for I need to stay awake (just for a couple of hours more). Will drinking a Coke w/an Aspirin help? I have heard ppl do this for "extra energy" but is it true? I ran out of coffee so I need to improvise an "energy drink", please any advise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• There is caffeine and sugar in Coke, so I bet it will help you stay awake. I've never heard of the aspirin thing - but it couldn't hurt!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The sugar will just cause a big crash.

Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy. You should be drinking at least 8 oz glasses a day. Animal products, especially meat and dairy, can leave sap your energy. Highly processed foods, like high fructose corn syrup and white flour, also can leave you feeling weak. There is an epidemic of magnesium deficiency in the US; this can leave you feeling droopy; weaken your immune system; intensify ADD/ADHD, migraines and asthma; and make you feel tired; take a magnesium supplement daily (I take cal/mag/D).
    Fill your diet with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Send me a message offlist if you would like recipes or meal ideas.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2011