Do any of your kids live with their dad?

My daughters dad says he wll take her if we ever split up. I think him saying that will keep me in the relationship that I am not happy with. I have two boys from my marriage and just dont think I could handle one of my children not being with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• My children live with me and my husband's daughter from a previous marriage also lives with us. Children belong with thier mothers. My stepdaughters mom is ridiculous and obviously uncaring to leave her unruly child with another. If you create the monster you should deal with it. My xhubby also stated the same things as yours. I now have full custody of my children. It was a long and expensive struggle but some people just shouldn't have children. I know in my heart that I make mistakes but I am a good mom. My children are happy and healthy well adjusted individuals.
    Good luck to you and don't let him bully you.
    gdnrs

Answer by gdnrs at 3:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My son lives with his father and has for about a year now. It was ruff at first but my son is happy and well taken care of and does have the option to live with me but he chooses not to hes 7.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• my oldest lives with his father, but that was a mutual choice. He's autistic and the one-on-one is easier for him than living with me and my other children (from a different man) so I'm not in the same situation as you.

gender is on your side though...most courts let girls stay with the mother due to gender and it being easier when they are older. Some courts do give boys to their father at puberty due to "a boy needs his dad at that time in his life" while I don't totally agree with that, I do understand their reasoning.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• IMO you should start covering your butt now in case you do ever split up and document any reasons you can think of that he shouldn't have custody. That might sound evil and sneaky but I tend to be cynical.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My 11 yr old son lives in a diffrent state with his "father" and I quote because my husband raised my son for the first 8 yrs and when we finally got married my ex took me to court and accused me of some horrible things and i lost custody that was the hardsest day of my life as of that day i am suppose to have my son every other holiday and all summer long but i dont his father wont allow me to see him at all unless im in colorado i cant even call him. But please dont get discouraged as my case is probly way diffrent from yours. this hurts me everyday because i hate the thought of knowing my child is out there and i cant see him every day kills me but i know he loves me very much and when hes old enough he will resent his father
    niki304

Answer by niki304 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2008