I get cramps and a dull pain during my ovulation. Does this obstruct my attempt to concieve? Li'l worried

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It's fairly normal to cramp a little when you ovulate, I do and several of my friends do as well. I don't think it has anything to do with your ability to conceive.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No impact at all. It means an egg is being released.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The cramping is very like the pressure of the follicle and is perfectly normal. Not everyone feels this, but when you're actively TTC and know when you ovulate, then that increases the chance of you feeling it! A fully-formed folly is pretty big and can actually be felt by a trained hand through the body, so it's no wonder you can feel it rupture or feel the pressure of it growing! You can have ovulation pains before, during, and even after ovulation...once you figure out where your pains fall, and if they are consistent month after month, you could actually find out when you O just through O pains! I was TTC for quite some time, so I became very accustomed to 'listening to my body' and finding my O days, even when I had stopped charting BBT.
    blondeUSmomma

Answer by blondeUSmomma at 5:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No it's just the egg releasing. Perfecting normal.
    Anonymous

• i also get cramps and a dull pain when im ovulating. i think it is pretty normal
    chelsealynn101

Answer by chelsealynn101 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Try charting your temperature, that way when you'll be more confident about the suspected ovulation days
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 5:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2011