how can i stop my 20 month old from putting her hand in her mouth until she trows up? she has been doing this and i wonder why she is doing it, is it something normal?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 3:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Talk it over with her pediatricain and see what he/she suggests. Watch the baby carefully and try to anticipate when it wlll happen and redirect her. Make sure she is spending one on one time with you and your SO each day.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:29 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My son used to do that at bedtime so he wouldn't have to go to bed... he was around 15m when it started... it didn't last too long but it was horrible... he'd mess up his bed because then I'd have to take him out of it to clean it and he'd run around lol
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 6:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• haha well now im coming to a conclusion that my daughter does it when she wants attention,sigh i hope this will soon pass its too bad
    maryfer

Comment by maryfer (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It will pass if she gets the attention she needs. Spend quality time with her.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011