Normal Behavior?

Hello! I have a 2 years old who is gunna be 3 on June 5th this year... But anyways, My daughter will be smiling and happy one minute and then as soon as my husband walks through the door she clings right on to me and wont say hi to him or anything. And i can't get her off me as soon as she sees him. Is this normal? Is she just being shy? Or is it something I should worry about??

Thanks,
Bryanna Ortega

BryannaOrtega16

Asked by BryannaOrtega16 at 4:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My DD used to do the same thing...think of it this way, she spends all day with you while daddy is at work. He probably really only sees her on the weekends and a few hours in the evenings. In a way, he is almost a stranger! I don't know how he is with her during those hours, but if he's a bit standoffish because she's acting bashful, he needs to get more involved and do more stuff with her to help encourage some daddy-daughter bonding! If he IS trying to do stuff with her and spend time with her, just give it some time...she'll come around and start becoming more excited when daddy comes home.
    blondeUSmomma

Answer by blondeUSmomma at 4:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yeah... Well it's weird because im a K9 officer so when i have to leave for work shes have a screaming fight! And she actually spends the same amount of time with him then she does with me... I just dont understand why...
    BryannaOrtega16

Comment by BryannaOrtega16 (original poster) at 6:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• my daughter will be 3 in april and often has abrupt mood swings... she is very healthy and generally a happy kid so i assume it's normal... she changes favorites often and will sometimes reject me for my mother or my boyfriend, then the next day it's the other way around. i'm sure it's fine.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 7:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Wel she's always clinged to me... I feel lik somethings happening/happened that's making her like this.... This feeling just bugs me!!
    BryannaOrtega16

Comment by BryannaOrtega16 (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I hate to say it but maybe...just maybe. He treats her differently when you're not around
    CadensMama117

Answer by CadensMama117 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• A mother's intuition cannot be beat... ask her why she doesn't want to be with daddy. I hope it's just shyness! Maybe he is more stern with her than you? IDK. Hopefully it's a phase that will soon pass.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I asked her if anything was happening and she said.. "Daddy said No" Sooo ummmm what the heck iss that supposed to mean??
    BryannaOrtega16

Comment by BryannaOrtega16 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Sounds like she was doing something he didn't want her to do. Ask her why he said no? Ask what she was doing?
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I asked and she said she wasn't doing what he asked, i then asked what he was asking her to do and she said its a suprise.... ugghhh
    BryannaOrtega16

Comment by BryannaOrtega16 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2011

• Hmm that is odd! it's getting answers out of them sometimes! Have you asked your husband about it yet?
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 28, 2011