What do you think about the president speach do you still think that there more to be done

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Even though his speech confirms we're doomed and that there's no way in hell the Repubs are gonna even pretend to work with The Prez, He's still a great speaker. I know the republican philosophy of small government. Give us specifics of what you will do, not what you "believe".

They just painted themselves out of the game. Unless nut case Bachmann could rally the ignorant, there will be no chance for the GOP. Only 18% of the people want to totally repeal healthcare reform. They will do anything to bring Obama down. Fearmongering response of Paul Ryan won't hold. Bachmann was worse and delusional.

Fox didn't show Bachmann's response and instead has Frank Luntz with a live audiance. He's the sound byte writer professional word smith of Fox. Bachmann scares Fox I guess. Oh well.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I agree when he said our kids can't spell or make a coherent sentence.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Only a liberal could discount a group of Democrat, Republican and Independent Americans when they are asked their opinions, especially when they say Obamas speech didn't impress them. So maybe you think they were hypnotized before being asked questions so they give answers the Republicans would like?

Of course not, and they were right. Nothing new here. All I heard was lets spend more and to pay for it lets tax the rich.
    Obama wants to freeze discretionary spending for 5 yrs. First, he said the same thing in last years speech(using 3 yrs instead of 5) and second, sure we should freeze spending after he ran it up 65% in one year. No we need to go back 5 yrs and then freeze it.
    He didn't say anything about the entitlement programs that we will have to address if we want to make a dent in the deficit,
    This speech could have (and probably did) come from any other Presidents speech with a few tweaks. Yes, much more to do.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think it was a campaign speech. Same old promises he gave then and didn't follow through with.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Bachmans speech sounds pretty straight forward to me.

"Two years ago, when Barack Obama became our president, unemployment was 7.8%, and our national debt stood at what seemed like a staggering $10.6 trillion. We wondered whether the president would cut spending, reduce the deficit and implement real job-creating policies.

Unfortunately, the president's strategy for recovery was to spend a trillion dollars on a failed stimulus program, fueled by borrowed money. The White House promised us that all the spending would keep unemployment under 8%. Not only did that plan fail to deliver, but within three months, the national jobless rate spiked to 9.4%. It hasn't been lower for 20 straight months. While the government grew, we lost more than 2 million jobs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• For two years, President Obama made promises, just like the ones we heard him make this evening, yet still we have high unemployment, devalued housing prices, and the cost of gasoline is skyrocketing."

Well, here's a few suggestions for fixing our economy. The president could stop the EPA from imposing a job-destroying cap-and-trade system. The president could support a balanced budget amendment. The president could agree to an energy policy that increases American energy production and reduces our dependence on foreign oil."

I see nothing crazy in her statements at all.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Well, I thought he's coming along nicely on reading that teleprompter of his! That Ivy League education wasn't wasted on him! Only took him half his presidency,but hey! At least he's got that down to a science! As for the state of the union, I KNOW what state he has the union in, and I wasn't interested in him reading his lies off the teleprompter any longer than the few seconds it took to change the channel! Nothing he says at this point has any truth or meaning.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I did not watch, Why? same old shit right?

When he starts to speak like a President that wants to help the economy( he needs to cut not freeze) than only than I will watch.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2011