How old were your children when you?

Hey all, how old were your girls (or boys) when you had their ears pierced? What would you recommend is a good age to do it? Thanks!

P.S. Please no negative comments, if you don't approve of this, then no need to respond, I come from a culture where this is the usual practice so it is going to be done, I just want opinions. Thank you!

Marianne140

Asked by Marianne140 at 6:23 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 2months
    quetta669

Answer by quetta669 at 6:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I've been debating on having my daughters done, but decided against it. My cousins had their's pierced at 6 weeks old, and almost all the girls in my daughters class has theirs done. My concern would be, could she leave them alone and not pull on them long enough for them to heal. I don't think there is a recommended age, it's just based on the individual. You could always ask your pediatrician though to see the pros and cons. My little sister (not so little now she's 29) had hers pierced when she was 3, and they found out she was allergic to the earrings. If she wants to wear earrings now they have to be real gold, silver, or the plastic ones. Good Luck to ya hun.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have all boys so this hasn't come up yet =) I wasn't allowed until I was 13 though.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I made my daughter wait until she was 13. If I had to do it again, I would probably do it as early as 7-8 depending on the maturity of the child.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 6:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My daughter was 9 months old and it was very easy. I had both sides done at the same time and she never messed with them.
    aprilm0681

Answer by aprilm0681 at 6:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I waited until my DD was old enough to ask. For me I wanted her to be able to make the decision herself and I was older when I had my done. With my boys neither one has asked so I'm not sure. I think I would be okay with it my husband had his done so I don't think I would mind.

Bottom line if you have to what is best for you!

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I decided to wait until my girls said "mommy I want my ears pierced"...lol. As much as I think a baby girl with little earings is so cute I felt it was her body so I waited until she decided she wanted them. My other daughter hasn't decided and shes 9 so she probably won't want them.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• 9 months.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 6:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i'm waiting until she is old enough to decide if she wants them or not. her father's family pushed for it when she was an infant, but i just feel like it's her choice.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 7:08 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• One at 6 months, One at 12 years......The sooner the better....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:29 AM on Jan. 26, 2011